Saturday, February 21, 2009

70-Year Old Top Dog (In “Human Years”)


Stump, a ten-year old Sussex spaniel who came out of retirement, is the Westminster Kennel Club “Best in Show” dog. That is 70 in human years – my age!

Look at the photo – Stump is slobbering and his handler is holding his head up. I know just how he feels. In a TV interview later that day, Stump laid down and would not get up. Just like me when its time for my mid-day nap.

My 70th birthday was January 20th. We are celebrating it this week because that is when our three daughters and four grands could come visit. Our three 11 year old granddaughters and 1 1/2 year old grandson are "the interest on our investment".


The photo shows me and the girls at our synagogue Friday evening service. The girls and their mother (our daughter) were called up to light the candles and say the prayer in Hebrew and English. My wife Vi, and I were called up to bless the Torah.

We sponsored the the "Oneg" (celebration and refreshments after the service) in honor of my birthday and the girl's birthday. I was surprised and pleased at the bicycle on my cake.

I'm happy this 70-year-old dog can still bark and put 40 to 50 miles a week in on his bike.

Ira Glickstein

1 comment:

JohnS said...

Congradulations on your birthday. Your grand daughters are very nice looking your ladies. I'll bet they are nice as their appearance. John