As recounted here our daughter Rena Moyers died on the morning of September 11, 2016, at the age of 49. As discussed here I am remembering Rena daily for a week in a virtual "Sitting Shiva", the traditional Jewish custom of relatives and friends devoting seven days to specially remembering the deceased.
This is the sixth posting in the series. Please join us in keeping Rena foremost in your thoughts this week, and, if you wish, posting your special memories in a Comment to this Blog.
AUNTIE RENA'S FIVE NIECES AND NEPHEWS
Foremost among those remembering Rena are her nieces and nephews:
- Alex Hagler, Michaela Hagler, and Samantha Hagler (children of Lisa Glickstein and Jerry Hagler)
- Isaac Bar-Zeev and Emerson Bar-Zeev (children of Sara Glickstein Bar-Zeev and Avi Bar-Zeev)
Of course they all love their Auntie Rena (and Uncle David). In addition, Alex, Michaela and Samantha love their Auntie Sara (and Uncle Avi); and Isaac and Emerson love their Auntie Lisa (and Uncle Jerry).
MOST RECENT PHOTOS I HAVE OF AUNTIE RENA'S NIECES AND NEPHEWS
Lisa and Jerry's children, Alex, Michaela, and Samantha, graduated from Phillips Academy (Andover, MA) and started college this year at three different, highly distinguished universities, in three different states:
|Alex at Bryn Mawr (Bryn Mawr, PA - in Philadelphia area) |
"Finally! I have an archaeology shirt without Indiana Jones on it!"
|Samantha (first row on left) at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY - in NY finger lakes area)|
- Our Junior Ornithologist -
Sara and Avi's children, Isaac and Emerson:
|Avi with Emerson and Isaac|
NOTE: This is the sixth of our virtual "Sitting Shiva", the traditional Jewish custom of relatives and friends devoting seven days to specially remembering the deceased.September 11, 2016 - Rena passed away
1) September 12, 2016 - Rest In Peace Rena Moyers, Our Adult Child Who Passed Before We Did
2) September 13, 2016 - Mr.and Mrs. David and Rena Moyers - Their Wedding (and Drama Afterwards)
3) September 14, 2016 - Remembering Rena - Growing Up in Rural Upstate New York
4) September 15, 2016 - Remembering Rena - Education and Professional Life - Tale of Three Shirts
5) September 16, 2016 - Mourner's Kaddish for Rena Moyers
6) September 17, 2016 - Remembering Auntie Rena - Five Nieces and Nephews
7) September 18, 2016 - Remembering Rena - We Will Remember You FOREVER